Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Christmas and News Years came and went so quickly, its just hard to believe its 2009 already. We had such a wonderful Christmas! Ella's new favorite phrase is "Ho, Ho, Ho!" She doesn't quite understand Christmas yet, but she definitely understands that getting presents is a lot of fun. Here are some pictures from Christmas day, and I'll post a video shortly.




Checking her PDA while riding her horsey
Sporting her new Samford cheerleader outfit

Aunt Cookie and Ella

Dreaming of his Red Rider BB gun

I have been blessed with some time off between Christmas and New Years. Ella's school has been closed for most of the time as well, so I have definitely enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with Ella.
She just amazes me more and more every day, with more words and phrases, things she is copying or coming up with on her own, dancing, singing; her drawings and coloring is quite impressive I think for a 20 month old, and she is actually starting to color in the lines in her coloring books; she'll point out and say almost everything in her picture books; she is so expressive and is able to tell me pretty much anything she needs and wants, which has the temper tantrums down to very few! Now don't you dare try and take something out of her hands b/c she'll try to bite you! But if you ask her nicely, say please, and bargain with her, she'll hand it over no problem. She is trying to push her boundaries more, but she's also learning her boundaries pretty quickly. She likes to show off that can jump up in the air, and has the best sense of humor!
It's kind of strange because she can entertain herself for almost an hour playing make believe ,coloring, rocking on her horse, puzzles, looking at books, etc. I am actually almost able to get some housework done and bills paid for once since she was born! But its almost kind of sad too that she's growing up so much!
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

Michelle Carney said...

Hey! I decided to come catch up after our talk last night. You are doing a great job of recording Ella's growth, habits and personality! She will really enjoy this one day- it's a wonderful gift to her.

Jenny Strickland said...

Um, Hello! It's almost March! Where are you!!! I need my Ella updates!