Sunday, January 27, 2008

Little Miss Popular

John has the daunting task of dropping Ella off at daycare every morning. One day last week he was running a little bit late (John...late? never!) and so all of the other kids had already been dropped off. As John brought Ella thru the door the other kids saw her and they all went over to her and started saying, Ella, Ella, (some pronounce it Eya) and they were all just so excited to see her. They all started trying to give her toys. I guess they can all say her name because it is the easiest to pronounce and remember. Once John got her out of the car seat, Patrick, the only boy in the class, walked over to Ella and sat down right next to her. Ella then reached over to Patrick, put her arms around him, and gave him a hug! Patrick's mom has since told me that he can say Ella, but not Momma! I am just so thankful Ella is enjoying her daycare so much and making friends! This week she has apparently starting hugging everyone, all the time (more germs!). Some days she won't stop hugging the daycare teachers so we can leave! Which, I guess is a good thing?

Ella had her 9 month checkup last week and is a little anemic, so now has to take some disgusting vitamins with iron for a while. She was also a little on the skinny side (doesn't get that from me), so we are attempting to fatten her up. Her doctor was very surprised at how many words she could say and said she is definitely going to be a chatter box. Great. (don't think she gets that from me either!) Ella also had another tooth pop thru, so that totals 7 now.

In other news...John has completed his bar application! That nasty 20 page booger is done and in the mail! Now ALL he has to do, is graduate in May, find a job, and pass the bar! Piece of cake! In John's free time he is trying to come up with a song to sing at Cumberland Idol again this year. Let me know if you have any suggestions...last year John's version of Marvin Gay's "Sexual Healing" went over very well.


Here are some recent pictures:




2 comments:

Mandy Go said...

Beautiful girl. I hope I get to see you guys next Sunday!!! I can't wait to get an Ella hug!!

Liz said...

Those are some great pictures! And congrats to John on the whole bar application thing. I don't know all that goes into that, but 20 pages of anything must be a pain!