Monday, November 12, 2007

Parents at Play

Thanks to my sister Allison and her boyfriend Jody, this past Saturday John and I got a whole afternoon baby free to go and play! We went up to Morris, AL in coal mining country and went horse back riding with our friends Steven and Colby, who own and lease a couple of horses there.

The temperature was perfect! We went on trails up and down very steep hills (a little scary at times!), went thru streams and fields; saw lots of beautiful fall colors. We learned how to trot, and John got a little brave and even got up to a canter with his horse Goo, which is a step above a trot.




Here is John and Goo cantering. Goo used to be a race horse back in the day. Once John realized that he wasn't going to die he actually started enjoying the canter. Don't think they actually got up to a gallop, but they got pretty close! (Doesn't it look like Goo is smiling!)


Here's Sylvia (and me). Sylvia was such a sweet natured horse. She had a stable full of ribbons and awards, for whatever horses win awards for! We just got up to a trot....I thought I was going to fall off as it was. Maybe I'll canter next time....

Who would have thought that sitting on a horse for a few hours would make you so sore!!!!! We are currently looking for future baby sitters so we can go riding again soon.

No comments: